2017 Community Excellence Awards
Celebrate our Community Super Heroes!
May 13, 2017
Centennial Theatre and Hall
Nomination forms available now (access through above green button) and are due back in our offices on April 28th.
The Categories this year are the same as last year as are the businesses sponsoring the awards. Thank you again to those sponsors!
Winners will receive a unique award designed and created by our own Final Touch. Baskets filled with local treats, including cheese by Terroir and goodies by Fieldstone Organics, will also be presented to the winners.
If you are wanting to donate quality, one of a kind door prizes, please drop them off at our office.
Returning this year...New Member Showcase!
If you became a member in 2016 or 2017, you have an opportunity to display and promote your business at the event.
Contact the office to RSVP or for more information.
New This Year!
Restaurateurs and Caterers please read...
We are looking to our member restaurants and caterers to showcase their foods! RSVP to the office if you would like to participate. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your creative flair and favourite dishes. Don't forget to bring your business cards!
The 2016 awards went to:
- Rising Star Station Diner sponsored by Chris Heidt - Tekamar Mortgages Ltd.
- Micro Business of the Year Monshee Outdoor sponsored by VantageOne Credit Union
- Small Business of the Year Your Dollar Store with More – Armstrong sponsored by Blackwell Building Movers
- Mid-Size Business of the Year Armstrong Veterinary Clinic sponsored by Community Futures North Okanagan
- Corporate Business of the Year Askews Foods – Armstrong sponsored by Hub International Barton Insurance
- Employee of the Year Janet Gillis, Teacher PVSS sponsored by Shepherd’s Home Hardware & Outdoor Living Centre
- Revitalization & Innovation Fieldstone Organics ponsored by Hytec – A Division of Kohler
- Hospitality & Tourism Chocoliro Finest Chocolate sponsored by the Township of Spallumcheen
- Organization of the Year Armstrong Spallumcheen Healthcare Auxialliary ‘The Bargain Bin’ sponsored by Okanagan Restoration Services Ltd.
- Volunteer of the Year Tayana Simpson sponsored by the City of Armstrong
‘We are so thankful to have the support of our members and local businesses,’ said Patti Noonan, Executive Director Armstrong Spallumcheen Chamber of Commerce. ‘We could not present an event like this without their support.’